Vertical Lift Gate
1. It is a conventional non-automatic gate.
2. They are fixed wheel type vertical lift gates provided to regulate water from dams.
3. Trash rack arrangement can be provided to prevent entry of debris.
4. Vertical lift stop log / scour gates are provided when service gates are closed for maintenance to maintain adequate flow through the weir/dam.
5. Vertical lift gates are usually very bulky and require large capacity hoists to operate, thus to reduce hoisting efforts the gates are made semi-flexible by dividing the whole gate height in number of panels and the gate operation is carried out panel by panel by means of wire rope hoists or gear assemblies.
6. The lifting/ lowering operation of gate can be done by means of lifting beams or movable gantry arrangement (Goliath crane).