SWING GATES FOR TIDAL REGULATORS
The automatic swing gate is a special purpose water pressure operated gate developed for tidal regulators and salt water exclusion dams (SWED). It acts like a one way valve by preventing entry of sea water into the river during high tides, while allowing flow of river water into sea during floods.
The gate makes use of water pressure as the actuating force to open automatically at specified upstream (river side) water level, obviating the need for electricity or human invention for its operation. On the other hand, it remains in closed position when high tide level exceeds the river side water level. The emergency hoisting arrangement provided can be used to open the gate to let out water on sea side, when upstream or river side water level is below specified auto-opening level.
SHIP OVER-PASS GATE FOR NAVIGATION LOCKS
Ship Overpass Gate ( Top Hung Type Radial Gate) is customized to suit operations of a navigation lock. When in closed or raised position, the gate stores water on its upstream side, while in open or lowered position, it allows ships and vessels to pass over it. Following mentioned are its advantages:-
1. It can be opened & closed even under unbalanced head conditions.
2. No need for bypass conduits & gates for filling & emptying the lock chamber.
3. Substantially lower Capital Cost of the lock chamber.
4. Lower Operation & maintenance costs.
5. Lesser cross – flows & turbulence during filling operation.